Adsense



    

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Time Keeps On Ticking - Clock Make Over

Morning all,

Kids are finally back at school, YAY! These last few days was pure craziness and yep, homework was ignored until the last minute. I actually thought I might get a few things done...but no.

 I did have a day without them and here is what I made.






We needed a clock and when I saw one for $30 plus postage that had  Cookie Monster's face on it - uh no thanks!

Then I thought, I'd make one, well the clock kits were getting close to $30 and given my strike rate is not 100% ,I decided I was going to forget it. Then I found a $3 clock in Kmart and thought, "it's plastic, it should come apart easy" and it did!

So here is how I made a clock for $3 (all the other supplies I had on hand.)

Supplies:



  • Clock
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Digital images 
  • Epoxy Dots
  • Glue Tape
  • Digital Cutter

First I pulled the clock apart




Then I measured up the clock face and and cut it out on the cutter.



I then had some digital images that I use for hair bows and decided to put them where the numbers should be, so I printed and cut them out and covered with the epoxy dots.



Stuck them on the clock



Now here's where I landed into trouble, I put the hands back on and the second hand kept getting stuck. there was no way the other hands could move without it because it had the end cap on it. So I took a risk and broke the hand off.



I put the end cap on and YAY, it worked.

Here it is, one custom made (calling it that because it sounds way more cool) Clock.



In the room





DIY Delight or Disaster? Let's see, cheap, colorful and I managed to overcome a slight mechanical hitch - Delight.

This room is coming up amazing, I'm loving it and I can't wait to show you the reveal, very soon.


Thanks for Reading,

Mel xo



34 comments:

  1. Delight! Love the bright colors and the price is right up my alley. Now you have me looking at my cheap clock on the wall...hmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly clever! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous! Well done :)

    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! I love polka dots. I also decorated a room in a Sesame Street theme, but it didn't have a cute clock. Sesame Street sure is timeless. I just missed being the right age for the show, but I watched it with my sister. I like Grover the most. I know too much information...obviously my style. You're a good crafter...admit it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately a delight. I wonder what I could find to put on a clock face....hmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh! SWEET IDEA! I might just have to do something like this for our playroom. Love the idea of the sesame street dots for numbers. I have to agree with Lisa, you ARE a good crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the same clock with similar intentions but it's just been sitting there, gathering dust since. You've inspired me to finish it!

    #TeamIBOT here x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a brilliant idea. I have wanted a themed clock for my games room for ages - so thanks for sharing I will now create my own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an excellent idea :) so is dinner at Elmo past big bird? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks fantastic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was planning on redoing one of these plastic clocks but was worried I would just mess it up, but yours looks like it turned out great, I might give it a try now! Love yours by the way, very very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Total delight!
    I am yet to customize a clock, and thanks to your post I'm itching to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute, Mel! Adorable! So fun! The room is such a happy space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the perfect match, so adorable with the letters. Fun, fun space Mel! Lucky kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are awesome and too funny!! I am so happy you stopped by my blog!! I am excited to be a new like on FB!! Your clock is adorable and perfect for your cute kids!!
    Happy Blogging!
    Meegan
    meeganmakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab idea! I do love a project that doesn't cost the earth and turns out as well as yours did!

    Looking forward to seeing the big reveal!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love reading your blog. You always make me smile. I am glad that turned out to be a delight. It's super adorable and the perfect addition to your reading nook.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how this clock turned out. Can use any kind of fav kid themed icons... I'm thinking pink polkadots and barbie. Thank you for the idea... Do come and link it up at our party http://www.finecraftguild.com/party-35/

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable! What kid wouldn't love it with all the Sesame street friends on there? Great project. I'd be thrilled if you'd share it here:
    http://www.oneartsymama.com/2012/10/shine-on-fridays-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute idea! Great for kids. Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I'm gonna use this idea with the clock I just bought for the School Room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute way to personalize the clock for your children. I bet they love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very colorful and cute. I see your creativity and your children are benefiting from it. I am your newest follower. I hope you drop by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic idea - love the bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Somehow I missed this post and it's a good one. Still waiting on the room reveal! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! What a cool clock. You are very creative. Great job! I am a new Follower of your Blog. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an adorable idea! That's terrific for a kids room! Good job! Http://www.craftinterrupted.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great twist to a typical, boring clock. Love it.

    Found you through {Im}Perfect Sunday Linky. Feel free to stop by sometime if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this clock and you have given me great inspiration to pretty up some of my clocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...