Adsense



    

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Not A Creature Was Stirring, Not Even A....



No sew mouse.

Morning All,

This project even surprised me. I hate mice, even seeing them on the TV make me feel sick.

Those people who keep them or worse rats as pets - gross! Anyways I have seen a few versions of the felt mice which are pretty cute and I wanted something to do with Elizabeth for our Friday night craft session. This seem to fit the requirements.

I decided I rather than use my felt, I'd try to make a dent in my massive fabric scraps. I also have a pile of cotton batting because mum makes quilts and for whatever reason, I must take her scraps as well.

Originally I was going to sew and overlock these and make them look stunning, but I broke a needle on the overlocker then the sewing machine and it was too hot so a "No Sew" project it became.

I got the pattern for the mouse over here at Thoughts from an Evil Overlord.

Supplies

Fabric Scraps
Batting scraps -or Felt
Scissors
Heat and Bond Ultra (best for no sew)
Pompoms
Hot glue and gun

First up I traced the pattern onto the heat and bond and cut them out



Ironed onto the fabric and once again  cut them out



Then I ironed them onto the batting and cut them out. Cut two slits for the ears to go into.



Hot glued the nose





Then cut a slit at the back for the Candy Cane tail.





To be honest, I like them better than felt because I can match them in to what I'm doing. The heat and bond makes them a little stiffer but I think it helps hold the shape.
I left the eyes off because I liked the idea of the 4 blind mice.

DIY Disaster or Delight? So much fun for kids to make and of course a candy cane to sweeten the deal! Delight!

Hopefully these will be the only mice I find in these parts over Christmas!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Linking to these awesome parties!

33 comments:

  1. Love the mice! They are soooo cute!
    Sandy
    http://savardstudios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Much better than the whole "mini pad" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so "freakin" cute. I hate mice too but I love these little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! I see some adorable little mice. I love how you used fabric instead of felt and, of course, I can appreciate the easy no sew aspect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute CUTE! I like them without the eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four blind mice. HAAAAA! Love a no sew project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel
    Love the mice! They are soooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like a craft project with no sewing - can't sew to save myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those candy cane tails! How creative! Found you at Kammy's Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww!! that is so cute!!

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mel--These little mice are so cute--I am pinning! I wanted to add some mice originally to my holiday decorations, but could not find anything cute, so this helps a lot! So nice to hear from you, and glad you liked my little red ice skates :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan of rodents as pets myself but this kind is cute enough to be in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little mice! I agree that these would be the only mice I'd want to see at Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are darling and perfect for little friends and neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great! Just perfect for class parties and end of year gifts.

    Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute Mel! Adorable!! I'm all for no sew projects.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you in the rodent-haters' club, but these are adorable! When I'm using heat & bond, I iron it to my fabric first, then only have to cut once.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The four blind mice:)))))) Maybe you should call them the four "bling" mice... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! They're totally adorable!!! And a totally original Christmas decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just adorable! I love your holiday spirit. You make Whimsy Wednesday look so good!

    Thanks for joining us,
    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. How precious! Everyone loves an adorable mouse! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate mice too, but you made them the cutest. Found you on VintageOnADime

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww! Are these not the cutest things?? And what a nice touch with the candy canes :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you have a craft session with your daughter!! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these!!! You are seriously so creative!! Thanks for linking up!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH WOW!!! They are just toooo darn cute!!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are cute. My daughter got one last year from one of her teachers from church. The teacher made them out of felt and attached a little string on the top so they could be hung on the tree as ornaments!
    Thanks for linking up at Think Tank Thursday. It's always good to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute ... and I am one of those creepy people that had a rat as a pet :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...